... Storm Emma Update ...
The following is the current status of snow affected roads in Longford:
- The R393 Regional Road from Carrickboy through Ratharney to County Boundary is now open but extreme care required.
- Local L-5128 from Moatfield Granard to Ballygilchrist is still blocked and roads crews are currently working to clear it.
- N55 to Legan is now open.
The following roads are now open. However extreme caution is still advised as there are snow banks each side of the road -
- Robinstown Road Granard
- Rinroe Road
- Ferskil to Lisryan
Full information in relation to water outages, conservation and repair is available via Irish Water website at Irish Water Weather Disruption or if you have issues with your water supply please view their service & supply map or visit our Twitter customer care @IWCare. In an emergency, please call Irish Water on 1850 278 278.
Severe weather challenges all of us. Activities that we take for granted can become difficult or even hazardous when severe weather occurs. However, by taking some simple steps to prepare each winter you can reduce the impact of such events. The Government annually launch a Be Winter Ready information campaign, which accompanied by the winter-ready booklet, gives information on being prepared, providing practical advice for coping during episodes of severe weather, as well as giving contact details of organisations and agencies that can provide guidance and assistance. The booklet and website was prepared by the Government Task Force on Emergency Planning and the main message is simple - be prepared, stay safe and know where to find help should you need it.
Severe Weather Advice.
- Normal Hours Telephone: (043) 3343300
- Out of Hours: 1850 211525
- eMail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Irish Water 1890 278278
- Department of Agriculture Longford District Office 076 1064434 (for animal welfare)
Winter Ready for Schools | Winter Ready for Farm Families
Online Mapping for Gritting Routes.
Winter Service Plan
Winter Ready Website
Winter Ready booklet
Winter Weather Advice
Winter Driving Advice