Longford County Council Community Grant Support Scheme 2018
Longford County Council
Community Grant Support Scheme 2018
Longford County Council, through the Municipal Districts, is committed to working in partnership with the community to encourage, develop, support and sustain a wide range of activities/projects (eg recreational, artistic, cultural, social and community support and business group initiatives) that make a positive contribution to County Longford, promote the development of strong local communities and improve the quality of life of our citizens.
Longford County Council, as a member of the Local Community Development Committee, is committed to the values of dignity, autonomy, democracy, inclusion, and social justice and their associated value objectives as set out in the Equality and Human Rights Statement of the Local Community Development Committee (available at www.longfordcoco.ie ).
The Community Grant Support Scheme provides a means for decision-makers i.e. the elected members of Longford County Council and each Municipal District to consider and prioritise applications for grant assistance. Generally, grants will range from €250 to €1,000 subject to funding.
These grants may support activities/projects under the following headings:
- Active elderly
- Community involvement
- Sport and recreation
The following grant types are excluded from this grant scheme as they are co-funded by other bodies or are subject to separate applications
- Burial Grounds - maintenance
- Longford Sports Partnership grants
- Anti-litter specific projects
- Residents association
National Sports organisations that support local clubs such as GAA or FAI will not be funded under this category.
Terms and Conditions
- Activities/projects must benefit the local community and be promoted by Longford based not-for-profit, charitable and community and voluntary groups.
- Activities/projects should make some contribution to one or a number of the values/objectives in the Equality and Human Rights Statement of the LCDC.
- Applications must be on the 2018 form and must be signed by the Chairperson, Secretary or Treasurer of the group making the submission.
- Bank account details must be provided and must be in the name of the group.
- Groups must be affiliated to Longford Public Participation Network.
- Charity Number of the group is required for all grants.
- If annual payments exceed €10,000 please attach copy of current Tax Clearance Certificate or Tax Clearance Access Number to your application.
- Salary & Operational/running costs are ineligible for funding.
- The information supplied by the group must be accurate and complete - misinformation may lead to disqualification and/or the repayment of the grant.
- Applicant must have no outstanding liabilities to Longford County Council
- Applicants must be willing to support Probation Service Initiatives
- It is the responsibility of each group to ensure that it has proper procedures and policies in place including appropriate insurance to support the proposed activity.
- If the proposed activity/project includes children or young people under 18, each group must have in place a child protection policy including a vetting procedure.
- Successful applicants for grants of €500 or over will be required to submit an evaluation report on the completed activity /project funded, including evidence of expenditure, receipts and invoices, photos etc.
- Successful applicants will be required to comply, if applicable, with all requirements in relation to Planning, Building Regulations, Health and Safety, and Fire Codes.
- Longford County Council's contribution must be publicly acknowledged in all materials associated with the purpose of the grant - publications, media, etc.
- Applications for retrospective grants and late applications will not be considered.
- Specific conditions may be attached to the grant including insurance indemnity.
- Breaches of the terms and conditions of the grant scheme may result in sanctions including disbarment from future grant applications.
- Applications will be screened centrally for adherence to the above criteria.
- Longford County Council will publish a list of all grants awarded on its website.
- The Freedom of Information Act applies to all records held by Longford County Council.
Application forms must be completed in full and returned to the Economic & Community Development Department, Longford Co. Council, Aras an Chontae, Great Water St., Longford or by email to email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 28th February 2018
Applications will be considered by 30th March 2018
Application Form Community Grant Support Scheme 2018.docx (size 58 KB)
Longford County Council Community Grant Support Scheme 2018.docx (size 77.1 KB)