Community Enhancement Programme 2019
Longford Community Enhancement Programme 2019
Longford Local Community Development Committee (LCDC) invites applications from community groups for funding under the Department of Rural & Community Development for the Community Enhancement Programme 2019.
The programme provides funding to communities to enhance facilities in disadvantaged areas, as identified in the Local Economic and Community Plan (LECP). The LECP can be downloaded at link below.
The programme can fund or partially fund larger scale capital projects to address disadvantage. Some funding is ring-fenced to provide small capital grants of €1,000 or less. This is aimed at assisting small grassroots community projects to get off the ground.
What will be funded?
Projects or elements of projects of a capital nature may be funded, for example, office equipment, project resources, research facilities, energy efficiency equipment, etc. for voluntary groups. Examples below - not exhaustive:
- Once off maintenance/repair of premises. (not on-going maintenance)
- Community amenities
- Youth clubs or facilities
- Sports/recreation facilities
- Improvements to town parks and common areas and spaces
- CCTV equipment
- Public realm improvements
- Play/recreation spaces
- Development/renovation of community centres
Projects which are complementary to the County Longford Local Economic and Community Plan 2016 – 2022 and which demonstrate that completion of the project will improve the quality of life for residents or provide tangible supports which address disadvantage will receive priority.
What level of funding is available?
€ 4.5m has been provided nationally with €132,385 allocated to Longford LCDC
- €40,000 has been ring-fenced to fund projects requiring funding of €1,000 and under.
- It is envisaged that the remainder of the allocation will fund projects of up to €10,000.
- If the Programme is oversubscribed, all applications fulfilling the conditions may not be successful or offers of funding may be for a lesser amount than that sought by the applicant.
- In deciding the final allocations of funding to projects, the LCDC may take account of a number of factors including geographical balance and the desirability to fund a variety of different projects
- See guidelines for further details including selection criteria.
How to apply
Applications are available to download below. The closing date for receipt of completed applications is Thursday 30th May 2019 at 5pm. Late applications will NOT be accepted.
CEP-2019-Application-form_LONGFORD.docx (size 147.2 KB)
CEP-2019-Application-Guidelines_LONGFORD.docx (size 99.2 KB)
County Longford LECP 2016-2022.pdf (size 5.1 MB)
Should you require advice or assistance on the eligibility of your project, documents required for the applications, completing the form or any other queries- contact the Community Development Team :
043 334 3307/043 334 3472