Community Enhancement Programme 2020
Community Enhancement Programme 2020
Longford Local Community Development Committee (LCDC) invites applications from community groups for funding under the Department of Rural & Community Development for the Community Enhancement Programme (CEP) 2020.
The CEP provides funding to communities to enhance facilities in disadvantaged areas, as identified in the Local Economic and Community Plan (LECP).
The programme can fund or partially fund larger scale capital projects to address disadvantage. Some funding is ring-fenced to provide small capital grants of €1,000 or less. This is aimed at assisting small grassroots community projects to get off the ground.
What will be funded?
Typical enhancements under the Programme include the renovation of community centres and community amenities, improvements to town parks and common areas and spaces, and the purchase of equipment for community usage. The Programme has also supported energy efficient upgrades, development of community gardens, provision of defibrillators, CCTV, and sports and IT equipment.
The following provides a non-exhaustive list of capital projects that could receive funding under the programme:
- Development/renovation of community centres
- Once off maintenance of premises. This does not include regular routine maintenance
- Community amenities
- Development of youth clubs or facilities
- Development of sports/recreation facilities
- Improvements to town parks and common areas and spaces
- CCTV equipment
- Public realm improvements
- Development of play/recreation spaces
- Energy efficiency type projects
- Purchase of equipment
- Capital expenditure on adaptations or equipment needed as a result of COVID-19 may be eligible, depending on the work being completed.
- Projects which are complementary to the County Longford Local Economic and Community Plan 2016 – 2022 and which demonstrate that completion of the project will improve the quality of life for residents or provide tangible supports which address disadvantage will receive priority.
This funding is targeted towards enhancing community facilities for individuals and communities that are impacted by disadvantage as identified in the LECP.
A church/school may apply for funding under the CEP but only in certain capacities. For example, if the church/school applied for funding for a facility which any child could attend, (not just specific religions or school attendees), then this might be considered in the same light as a community group/organisation project.
What level of funding is available?
€2m has been provided nationally with €55,317 allocated to Longford LCDC.
- A minimum of 30% of this allocation will be ring-fenced to fund projects requiring funding of €1,000 and under.
- It is envisaged that the remainder of the allocation will fund projects of up to €10,000.
- If the Programme is oversubscribed, all applications fulfilling the conditions may not be successful or offers of funding may be for a lesser amount than that sought by the applicant.
- In deciding the final allocations of funding to projects, the LCDC may take account of a number of factors including geographical balance and the desirability to fund a variety of different projects
- See guidelines for further details including selection criteria.
How to apply
CEP 2020 Application Form
CEP 2020Application Guidelines
Application forms and supporting documentation should be emailed to Longford Local Community Development Committee (LCDC):
No later than 12 noon on Thursday 23rd July, 2020.
LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
For any queries please email LCDC@longfordcoco.ie or telephone 043 3343307 / 3343456 / 3343472.
Further Information on the 2020 CEP is available on the Department Website
Data Privacy; In order to process your application, it may be necessary for Longford LCDC / Longford County Council to collect personal data from you. Such information will be processed in line with the Local Authority’s privacy statement or contact our Data Protection & Information Compliance Officer on 043 33 44207 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Under the Community Enhancement Programme 2019, Longford Local Community Development Committee (LCDC) approved grant aid of €132,385 to fifty-seven community projects under the general allocation, and under the Men’s & Women’s Shed fund a further €7,853 was approved towards seven projects. These projects include the development/renovation of community facilities, purchase of equipment, public realm improvements/street scaping and energy efficiency type projects.
Approved projects Community Enhancement Programme 2019.