LONGFORD COUNTY COUNCIL WATER SERVICES DEPARTMENT
The functions of Longford County Council in relation to water services are:
- to provide an adequate supply of piped water of suitable quality for domestic, industrial, agricultural and other uses
- to provide a safe and adequate system for the disposal of sewerage and other waste matters.
Delivery of Service:
The following services are delivered:
- Operation and maintenance public water supply schemes and sewerage schemes
- Provision and improvement of water & sewerage schemes
- Provision of licenses for water and sewerage connections
- Provision of individual well grants
- Provision of grants for group water and sewerage schemes
- Provision of treatment facilities
- Maintenance and monitoring of water quality
- Road opening licenses
- Water metering.