Plan for Recommencement of paid parking enforcement in Longford Town
At the Longford Municipal District Meeting held on 24th June 2020 The Members approved a plan to reintroduce parking enforcement in Longford Town on a phased basis commencing on 1st July 2020.
Phase 1 Period from 1st July to 31st August 2020
Traffic Wardens to patrol their normal beat and issue fixed charge notices for the following Traffic offences;
- Parking on double yellow line
- Parking on single yellow line (business hours 08.30-18.30)
- Parking on footpath/Footway
- Parking in Taxi Rank
- Parking in Bus Stop
- Parking in Loading bay (non commercial Vehicles)
- Double parking or parking in a manner to cause an obstruction
- Parking in disabled parking bays without valid disabled parking permit
- Non display of valid Motor Tax Disc
During this period (1st July to 31st August 2020) there will be 2 hours free parking/graceperiod on street and in all off street car parks. If parking for a longer period the vehicle must display a valid parking ticket. The Traffic Wardens will be issuing fines where parking tickets are not displayed after expiry of the grace period.
This will apply from Monday to Saturday. Parking is free on Sunday.
Notices will be placed on parking machines.
Phase 2 Period from 1st September on wards
In addition to the above offences Traffic Wardens will issue Fines under the County Council’s Parking Bye Laws
- Non display of valid parking ticket Monday to Saturday from 8:30 to 18:30
Health & Safety
Under Covid – 19 Health & Safety guidelines the Traffic Wardens will be provided with appropriate PPE.
Body-worn CCTV cameras will also be issued to the Traffic Wardens for the sole purpose of protecting their personal safety in the event of conflict situations in the course of executing their duties. The use of the cameras will be in full compliance with GDPR legislation.