Our website uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience, analyse site traffic, personalise content, and serve targeted advertisements. Please visit our Cookie Policy page for more information about cookies and how we use them or click here to manage your cookie preferences.

CLÁR 2020 Programme

      Gold-Project-2040Longford County Council Logo_Connected  Community_MARK_MASTER_Std_Colour

CLÁR Funding 2020

In May 2020 the Department of Rural and Community Development announced a new round of funding under the CLÁR programme for 2020. CLÁR (Ceantair Laga Árd-Riachtanais) is a targeted investment programme for rural areas that aims to provide funding for small-scale infrastructural projects in areas that have suffered significant levels of population decline. The funding works in conjunction with local funding and on the basis of locally identified priorities. The scheme is funded by the Department of Rural and Community Development. It is delivered by local authorities in consultation with groups in local communities.

The CLÁR programme is also an important part of the overall integrated strategy to support stronger rural economies and communities for Rural Development through the Rural Regeneration and Development Fund as outlined in Project Ireland 2040.

The supports provided through CLÁR have been tailored this year to help rural communities to respond to the new COVID-19 environment. This includes the addition of new funding measures.

The measures being funded under the 2020 CLÁR programme are:

  • Measure 1: Schools/Community Safety measures
  • Measure 2: Community Recreation Areas
  • Measure 3: Community Wellbeing Supports

 

Measure 1: Schools/Community Safety measures (expanded in 2020)

CLÁR 2020 will consider support for interventions that make the school/community facility environs healthier and safer for the children attending the schools, and for children and adults using the community facilities. This measure has been broadened to allow additional investments to adapt areas around schools and community facilities to help meet new public health requirements arising from COVID-19. Appendix A (page 6 of the application form) outlines the grants available in CLÁR areas under this measure – this list is not definitive.

A minimum grant of €5,000 and maximum grants as listed in the table above will apply to this measure. The scheme will provide up to 90% of the cost or the maximum amount outlined in Appendix A (page 6 of the application form), whichever is the lesser. The remaining 10% or balance of the cost should be provided through Local Authority/community/other resources with a minimum of 5% cash contribution from the School/Community. Philanthropic contributions may be accepted as full or part of match funding costs.

Apply to CLAR@longfordcoco.ie by 4pm on Thursday 23rd July, 2020

Measure 1 Application Form

 

Measure 2: Community Recreation Areas (new in 2020)

In the context of the impact of COVID-19 on communities, CLÁR 2020 will consider support for the enhancement of existing and/or the development of new accessible Community Recreation Areas where people can socialise outdoors in safe community spaces. 

The Measure will support a variety of capital interventions provided that they contribute to the enhancement of existing, and/or the development of new, accessible Community Recreation areas where people can socialise outdoors in safe community spaces.  The list below provides an indication of the types of interventions that may be supported, but this list is not exhaustive:

Outdoor Electricity Connection, Outdoor Cinema Screen, Outdoor Drinking Water Fountain, Associated Landscaping & Path Widening, Covered Seating & Picnic Benches, Covered BBQ areas, Bandstand, Amphitheatre, Blackboard, Public Toilets & Bins, Car & Bike Parking, Exercise Class Space, Handball Alley Renovation, etc.

All projects must display and encourage abidance by Leave No Trace principals. The cost of appropriate signage may be included in the overall project costings.

A minimum grant of €5,000 and a maximum grant of €50,000 for projects will be available. The maximum grant payable will be 90% of the project cost or a maximum of €50,000, whichever is the lesser. The remaining 10% or balance of the cost should be provided through local authority/community/other resources with a minimum of 5% cash contribution from the Community.  Philanthropic contributions may be accepted as full or part of match funding costs. 

Apply to CLAR@longfordcoco.ie by 4pm on Thursday 23rd July, 2020.

Measure 2 Application Form

 

Scheme outline: CLÁR 2020 Scheme Outline for Measures 1 and 2

Any queries regarding Measures 1 and 2 can be emailed to CLAR@longfordcoco.ie or telephone 043 3343307 / 3343456

LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.

 

Measure 3: Community Wellbeing Supports – Applications should be submitted directly to the Department at CLAR@DRCD.gov.ie by 28th August 2020. 

a) Meals on Wheels and linked services (new in 2020)
b) Mobility and Cancer Care Transport

See Department webpage for Measure 3 application forms and Scheme Outlines.

 

To check if your school/community is in the CLÁR area please use this map: CLÁR county Map Longford

Applicants can also check their eligibility using this interactive map.

DED list for list of District Electoral Divisions (DED’s) in the CLÁR area in County Longford.

 

Further Information on the CLÁR 2020 Programme is available on the Department of Rural and Community Development Website

Data Privacy or contact our Data Protection & Information Compliance Officer on 043 33 44207 or email dpo@longfordcoco.ie

 

CLÁR 2019 Programme

The Department advised of CLÁR funding approvals totalling €283,284 for County Longford as follows –

Measure 1:  Support for Schools/Community Safety Measures

(Longford County Council will fund 5% towards the estimated cost of these projects)

Cnoc MhuireNew road entrance for bus set down, resurfacing, road markings, fencing, footpaths€47,700.00
Edgeworthstown TidyTownsUpgrade existing walkway€44,537.00
Sacred Heart Primary SchoolImprove carpark facilities, safety signs€41,400.00
St Dominic’s NSPedestrian crossing, road markings, signs€35,092.00
Mullinalaghta Community CentreResurface carpark€30,000.00
Edgeworthstown District Development AssociationUpgrade public lighting€5,870.00
Killasonna National SchoolSafety measures€12,600.00

Measure 2:  Schools/Community Play Areas (including MUGAs – Multi-use Games areas)

(Longford County Council will fund 5% towards the estimated cost of this project.)

Moyne Community SchoolMulti-purpose area - walk/run/cycle pathway€38,439.00

Measure 3(c): Sensory Gardens - “These gardens are designed to stimulate the senses and can be of particular benefit in enhancing the quality of life for people with a diverse range of life challenges.”

(Longford County Council will fund 10% towards the estimated cost of these projects)

Ballinalee Community Group Sensory Garden€21,452.30
St Mary’s Community Campus Sensory Garden€6,193.70

Further Information on CLÁR 2019 Programme is available on the Department of Rural and Community Development Website www.gov.ie