Our website uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience, analyse site traffic, personalise content, and serve targeted advertisements. Please visit our Cookie Policy page for more information about cookies and how we use them.

CLÁR 2021 Programme

Gold-Project-2040Longford County Council Logo_Connected  Community_MARK_MASTER_Std_Colour

CLÁR Funding 2021

In March 2021 the Department of Rural and Community Development announced a new round of funding under the CLÁR programme for 2021. CLÁR (Ceantair Laga Árd-Riachtanais) is a targeted investment programme for rural areas that aims to provide funding for small-scale infrastructural projects in areas that have suffered significant levels of population decline.  The funding works in conjunction with local funding and on the basis of locally identified priorities. The scheme is funded by the Department of Rural and Community Development.  It is delivered by local authorities in consultation with groups in local communities.

The CLÁR programme is also an important part of the overall integrated strategy to support stronger rural economies and communities for Rural Development through the Rural Regeneration and Development Fund as outlined in Project Ireland 2040.

The measures being funded under the 2021 CLÁR programme are:

Measure 1: Schools/Community Safety measures

CLÁR 2021 will consider support for interventions that make the school/community facility environs healthier and safer for the children attending the schools, and for children and adults using the community facilities. The works can only take place to the environs of the school/community facility and not to any part of the exterior/interior of the school/community buildings.

A minimum grant of €5,000 and maximum grants as listed in the table in Appendix A (pg6) will apply to this measure. The scheme will provide up to 90% of the cost or the maximum amount outlined in Appendix A (page 6), whichever is the lesser. The remaining 10% or balance of the cost should be provided through Local Authority/community/other resources with a minimum of 5% cash contribution from the School/Community. Philanthropic contributions may be accepted as full or part of match funding costs.

Measure 1 Application Form; Measure 1 Form 

Apply to CLAR@longfordcoco.ie by 4pm on Monday 19th April 2021

 

Measure 2: Outdoor Community Recreation Facilities

CLÁR 2021 will consider supports for the enhancement of existing and/or the development of new accessible outdoor community recreation facilities.

This Measure is being expanded in 2021 to include playgrounds, MUGAs and amenities for teenagers/young adults through facilities such as skateboard parks. Upgrades to existing playgrounds, MUGAs, skateboard parks are also eligible.

The list below provides an indication of the types of interventions that may be supported, but is not exhaustive:

Outdoor Cinema Screen, Bandstand/Amphitheatre, Outdoor Drinking Water Fountain, Covered Seating & Picnic Benches, Associated Landscaping & Path Widening, Playgrounds/ MUGAs (new or upgrades), Skateboard Parks, Exercise Class Space, Public Toilets & Bins, Car & Bike Parking

All projects must display and encourage abidance by Leave No Trace principals. The cost of appropriate signage may be included in the overall project costings.

A minimum grant of €5,000 and a maximum grant of €50,000 for projects will be available. The maximum grant payable will be 90% of the project cost or a maximum of €50,000, whichever is the lesser. The remaining 10% or balance of the cost should be provided through local authority/community/other resources with a minimum of 5% cash contribution from the Community.  Philanthropic contributions may be accepted as full or part of match funding costs. 

Measure 2 Application Form;  Measure 2 Form 

Apply to CLAR@longfordcoco.ie by 4pm on Monday 19th April 2021

 

Measure 3(a): Community Gardens and Allotments

This measure supports community gardens, allotments and sensory gardens. These facilities must be publicly accessible.

The types of items to be funded could include

groundworks, footpaths, raised beds, native pollinator plants, sensory planting and equipment, polytunnels, sheds, rainwater harvesting tanks, fencing, gates, tools as appropriate, benches, picnic tables, shelters and outdoor pizza ovens/BBQ areas.

All projects must display and encourage abidance by Leave No Trace principles. The cost of appropriate signage may be included in the overall project costings.

A minimum grant of €5,000 and a maximum grant of €50,000 for projects will be available. The maximum grant payable will be 90% of the project cost or a maximum of €50,000, whichever is the lesser. The remaining 10% or balance of the cost should be provided through local authority/community/other resources with a minimum of 5% cash contribution from the community.  Philanthropic contributions will be accepted as full or part of match funding costs.

Measure 3(a) Application Form;  Measure 3(a) Form

Apply to CLAR@longfordcoco.ie by 4pm on Monday 19th April 2021

 

CLÁR 2021 Scheme Outline for Measures 1, 2 and 3(a) -

CLÁR 2021 Scheme Outline for Measures 1, 2 and 3(a)

 

Application Forms and Scheme Outlines are also available under –

Measure 3(b) Community Wellbeing Supports - Mobility & Cancer Care Transport
CLÁR Innovation Measure (new for 2021) - Funding for innovative or pilot projects that address specific challenges faced by communities in CLÁR areas.
See Department webpage https://www.gov.ie/en/policy-information/2021-clar-measures and CLÁR Innovation Measure application forms and Scheme Outlines.

Applications under Measure 3(b) and CLÁR Innovation Measure should be submitted directly to the Department at CLAR@DRCD.gov.ie by 7th May 2021.

 

CLÁR county Map Longford County Council  CLÁR County Map

 

Applicants can also check their eligibility using this interactive map at: https://bit.ly/2U7sHOp

 

 District Electoral Divisions (DED'S) in the CLÁR area in County Longford CLAR_Longford_DEDs

Link to LECP – LECP

 

LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.

 

Any queries regarding Measures 1, 2 and 3(a) can be emailed to CLAR@longfordcoco.ie or telephone 043 3343307 / 3343456

 

Further Information on the CLÁR 2021 Programme is available on the Department of Rural and Community Development Website https://www.gov.ie/en/policy-information/-clar/ 

Data Privacy; http://www.longfordcoco.ie/longfordcoco/your-council/data-protection/privacy-statement/ or contact our Data Protection & Information Compliance Officer on 043 33 44207 or email dpo@longfordcoco.ie

           

 CLÁR 2020 Programme

The Department advised of CLÁR funding approvals totalling €265,667.70 for County Longford as follows –

LONGFORD

Measure

School Name/Community Facility Name/LDCProject DescriptionAmount of CLÁR funding requested
1Aughnacliffe Village - Colmcille Area Development Group 

Construction of access footpath & public lighting€43,950.00
1Ardagh NSPedestrian crossing, widen footpath, signage€45,303.30
1Drumlish Ballinamuck Community Development ClgFootpath€42,480.00
2The Green - Edgeworthstown District Development Association ClgOutdoor seating, picnic areas, landscaping, outdoor events space at The Green€12,542.40
1Lanesboro Community CollegeFootpath and railing€15,118.20
1Fr. McGee Park - Colmcille GAA ClubCar park, footpath, lighting and related works€46,273.80
1Carrickedmond GAADevelop parking facilities€30,000.00
1Ballymore GAACar park resurfacing€30,000.00

Longford County Council will fund a maximum of 5% towards the estimated cost of these projects.

Further Information on CLÁR 2020 Programme is available on the Department of Rural and Community Development Website - Link   

CLÁR 2019 Programme

The Department advised of CLÁR funding approvals totalling €283,284 for County Longford as follows –

Measure 1:  Support for Schools/Community Safety Measures

(Longford County Council will fund 5% towards the estimated cost of these projects)

Edgeworthstown TidyTownsUpgrade existing walkway€44,537.00
Sacred Heart Primary SchoolImprove carpark facilities, safety signs€41,400.00
St Dominic’s NSPedestrian crossing, road markings, signs€35,092.00
Mullinalaghta Community CentreResurface carpark€30,000.00
Edgeworthstown District Development AssociationUpgrade public lighting€5,870.00
Killasonna National SchoolSafety measures€12,600.00

Measure 2:  Schools/Community Play Areas (including MUGAs – Multi-use Games areas)

(Longford County Council will fund 5% towards the estimated cost of this project.)

Moyne Community SchoolMulti-purpose area - walk/run/cycle pathway€38,439.00

Measure 3(c): Sensory Gardens - “These gardens are designed to stimulate the senses and can be of particular benefit in enhancing the quality of life for people with a diverse range of life challenges.”

(Longford County Council will fund 10% towards the estimated cost of these projects)

Ballinalee Community Group Sensory Garden€21,452.30
St Mary’s Community Campus Sensory Garden€6,193.70

Further Information on CLÁR 2019 Programme is available on the Department of Rural and Community Development Website www.gov.ie