Community Enhancement Programme
Community Enhancement Programme 2021
Longford Local Community Development Committee (LCDC) invites applications from community groups for funding under the Department of Rural & Community Development for the Community Enhancement Programme (CEP) 2021.
The CEP provides funding to communities to enhance facilities in disadvantaged areas, as identified in the Local Economic and Community Plan (LECP). The LECP can be downloaded here Longford LECP
The programme can fund or partially fund larger scale projects to address disadvantage. Some funding is ring-fenced to provide small grants of €1,000 or less. This is aimed at assisting small grassroots community projects to get off the ground.
What will be funded?
The following provides a non-exhaustive list of projects that could receive funding under the programme:
- Development/renovation of community centres
- Once off maintenance of premises.
- Community amenities
- Development of youth clubs or facilities
- Development of sports/recreation facilities
- Improvements to town parks and common areas and spaces
- CCTV equipment
- Public realm improvements
- Development of play/recreation spaces
- Energy efficiency type projects
- Purchase of equipment
- Adaptations or equipment needed as a result of COVID-19
Separately, for this iteration of the CEP grants are available for costs associated with reopening of a facility or the sustainability of the facility. These include costs such as utility bills, etc. Please note that only costs falling due for payment in 2021 are eligible.
Projects which are complementary to the County Longford Local Economic and Community Plan 2016 – 2022 and which demonstrate that completion of the project will improve the quality of life for residents or provide tangible supports which address disadvantage will receive priority.
This funding is targeted towards enhancing community facilities for individuals and communities that are impacted by disadvantage as identified in the LECP. Any not-for-profit community or voluntary group can apply. A church/school may apply for funding under the CEP but only in certain capacities. For example, if the church/school applied for funding for a facility which any child could attend, (not just specific religions or school attendees), then this might be considered in the same light as a community group/organisation project.
What level of funding is available?
€ 4.5m has been provided nationally with €132,385 allocated to Longford LCDC.
- A minimum of 30% of this allocation will be ring-fenced to fund projects requiring funding of €1,000 and under.
- In general, the Department envisages that up to 50% of an LCDCs allocation may be targeted at ‘reopening’ type grants.
- It is envisaged that the remainder of the allocation will fund projects of up to €10,000.
- If the Programme is oversubscribed, all applications fulfilling the conditions may not be successful or offers of funding may be for a lesser amount than that sought by the applicant.
- In deciding the final allocations of funding to projects, the LCDC may take account of a number of factors including geographical balance and the desirability to fund a variety of different projects
- See guidelines for further details including selection criteria.
How to apply
CEP 2021 Application Form - Application Form CEP 2021
CEP 2021 Application Guidelines – Guidelines CEP 2021
Identification of the location of the projects/work – Irish Grid Reference Finder & How to find location XY ITM for CEP
Application forms and supporting documentation should be emailed to Longford Local Community Development Committee (LCDC):
No later than 4pm on Friday 2nd July 2021
As per Covid 19 Guidelines Postal Applications or Hardcopy Applications will not be accepted.
LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
For any queries please email LCDC@longfordcoco.ieor telephone 043 3343307 / 3343456 / 3343472.
Further Information on the 2021 CEP is available on the Department Website
Data Privacy; In order to process your application, it may be necessary for Longford LCDC / Longford County Council to collect personal data from you. Such information will be processed in line with the Local Authority’s privacy statement which is available to view here, or contact our Data Protection & Information Compliance Officer on 043 33 44207 or email email@example.com .
Community Enhancement Programme 2020
Longford LCDC awarded €55,317 to fifty-one community group projects under an initial CEP 2020 allocation, and a further fifty-two community group projects were approved for funding of €109,088 under a new CEP 2020 allocation for Community Centres/Buildings. Please see details of Community Groups and approved grants - CommunityEnhancementProgramme2020- approved list