Paid Parking Longford Town
Paid Parking Enforcement September 2020
A phased reintroduction of paid parking enforcement commenced in Longford town for a period from 1st July to 30th August 2020.
Full enforcement has recommenced from 1st September 2020
The Traffic Wardens are patrolling their normal beats and are issuing fixed charge notices for the following Traffic offences;
· Parking on double yellow line
· Parking on single yellow line (business hours 08.30am to 6.30pm)
· Parking on footpath/Footway
· Parking in Taxi Rank
· Parking in Bus Stop
· Parking in Loading bay (non-commercial Vehicles)
· Double parking or parking in a manner to cause an obstruction
· Parking in disabled parking bays without valid disabled parking permit
· Non display of valid Motor Tax Disc
· Non display of valid parking ticket on vehicles
Paid Parking enforcement operates from Monday to Saturday 8:30am to 6:30pm.
Parking is free on Sunday.
Health & Safety
Under COVID-19 Health & Safety guidelines the Traffic Wardens are provided with appropriate PPE.
Body-worn CCTV cameras are now being used by the Traffic Wardens for the sole purpose of protecting their personal safety in the event of conflict situations in the course of executing their duties. The use of the cameras is in full compliance with GDPR legislation.