Public Lighting

Reporting a Fault

You can report a faulty public light in the charge of the Council directly to the maintenance contractor here  or alternatively you can contact the council by email:

Please include as much of the following information as possible when reporting a fault:

  • The identification number on the lamppost.
  • The address or the road name/number on which the light is located. 
  • The nature of the fault or damage, for example the public light is off or the door is missing from the lamppost.

If the light is in a housing estate which has not been taken in-charge by Longford County Council  then the developer of the estate is responsible for the maintenance of  the public lighting.