Longford County Council Service Update
As providers of essential services, the offices of Longford County Council remain open on an appointments based service only in line with current public health guidance.
All appointments will be held in compliance with public health guidance. Members of the public are requested not to attend the offices in person without a prior appointment.
Longford County Council can be contacted by email, phone or online with any queries or requests for appointments.
We are asking you to use the following methods of communication to transact your business with the Council:
|Telephone: ||043 3343300|
|Post:||Áras an Chontae, Great Water Street, Longford N39NH56|
|Out of Hours:||1850 211 525|
Longford County Council acknowledges and appreciates your co-operation during these exceptional times.
Services will continue to be provided by phone, post or by appointments only.
Queries will be taken by phone between the following hours 10:00am to 1:00pm and 2:00pm to 4:00pm, Monday to Friday at 043 3343400 or by email at email@example.com.
You can renew your Motor Tax using the online service www.motortax.ie
Your PIN for this service is the last 6 digits on the top right corner of your Vehicle Registration Cert (logbook).
Cash Office (Phone Service)
Customers can pay via Debit/Credit Card over the phone between the hours of 10:00am to 1:00pm and 2:00pm to 4:00pm, Monday to Friday at 043 3343394.
The Traffic Wardens will continue to patrol the paid parking zones in Longford Town and will carry out their duties under the parking byelaws.
Payment of traffic fines can be made as follows: -
- Online at longfordcoco.ie or by clicking the link here
- Contacting cash desk at 043 3343394
- By Post to Longford County Council, Income Generation Unit, Camlin Court Building, Great Water Street, Longford.
Queries can be made to the Traffic Department at 043 3344203 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Email queries to email@example.com or telephone:
043 3343380, 043 3343322.
Email queries to firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 043 3343358, 043 3343406.
Email queries to email@example.com or telephone 043 3343355.
Meetings and visits to the Council Housing Offices can be facilitated in exceptional circumstances only. Such meetings should be prearranged and by appointment only and will be held in compliance with public health guidance.
For assistance please contact us by phone at 043 3343499 or by emailing the dedicated staff unit using the contact list below:
Meetings and visits to the Council Planning Offices can be facilitated in exceptional circumstances only. Such meetings should be prearranged and strictly by appointment only and will be held in compliance with public health guidance.
Statutory timelines relating to the Planning Function will be maintained at this time.
All planning applications are available to view online at www.longfordcoco.ie
Submissions can be submitted by post or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and payment may be made over the phone by ringing 043 3343323.
The Draft Development Plan 2021-2027 is available for viewing online at www.longfordcoco.ie
Submissions can be made by post, through the online portal www.longfordcoco.ie/cdp or emailed to email@example.com in relation to the Draft Plan from Tuesday 27th October 2020 until 4.00pm on Monday 18th January 2021 (inclusive).
For general Planning enquiries please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone on 043 3343323.
From 10th May 2021 all Library buildings will be open to the public.
The following services are available:
- Browse and borrow available between the hours of 10am and 5pm Monday to Friday and 10am to 2pm on Saturday. It may be necessary to limit the number of customers in the Library at any one time in the interest of customer safety. Please note that computers will not be available at this stage of reopening.
- Online browsing on www.longfordlibrary.ie: select the "Your Library Account" option to browse the catalogue.
- Online Resources: access a wide range of online resources including eBooks, eAudiobooks, eMagazines, eNewspapers, online courses etc.
- Social Media: Check out the Library pages on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube for videos, tutorials, competitions and information on our ongoing free children's and adult's programmes.
Library branches can be contacted at the following contact details: