Broadband Connection Points
WIFI is available at the following external locations through Broadband Connection Points (BCP) under the Connected Communities initiative:
- Corlea Trackway Visitor Centre: 2 Cartron Rd, Cloonbreany, Keenagh, County Longford N39 XT18
- Colmcille GAA: County Longford N39 Y392
- Ballymore Shamrocks GAA: County Longford N39 V6Y7
- Carrickedmond GAA: County Longford N39 K729
Connect to this WIFI by choosing the BCP FREE WIFI network, entering your phone number which will send an access code to your phone, adding this code and agreeing to the terms and conditions of use. Confirm you want to connect and now you have superfast WIFI!
The WiFi4EU initiative promotes free access to Wi-Fi connectivity for citizens in public spaces including parks, squares, public buildings, libraries, health centres and museums in municipalities throughout Europe.
WiFi4EU is available in Longford Ballymahon and Drumlish
This project is funded by the European Union (EU) and the Department of Rural and Community Development.
eduroam stands for education roaming. It is a WIFI for students, researchers and employees from participating institutions, allowing them to securely access the internet at their college or university and while visiting other participating institutions. The eduroam user is authenticated via their home institution and granted access to the WIFI.
In Longford, eduroam is available at Longford, Ballymahon and Drumlish town centres. It is also available at Longford, Ballymahon and Granard libraries. For all of these locations, the following eduroam wireless connectivity and network access information applies:
- Wireless network name (SSID): eduroam
- Encryption levels supported: AES
- Website filtering: Yes, access blocked to some websites
- Port or protocol restrictions: Yes, ports are allowed based on eduroam.ie policy excluding DNS
- Transparent proxying of your traffic: No
- Network address translation (NAT) of wireless device address: Yes
- IPv6 support: No
Authentication issues should be addressed to the support employees at your home site, as eduroam security mechanisms are such that some authentication details are not visible to the support staff at visited sites.
Further information on Eduroam is available from eduroam.ie.