The Register of Electors is currently being prepared.
You cannot vote if you are not registered.
Only persons whose name appear on the Register (or any Supplement to the Register) will be entitled to vote in Elections between 15th February 2022 to 14th February 2023.
Persons aged 18 years or over on 15th February 2022 and ordinarily resident in the Constituency on 1st September 2021, are entitled to be included on the Register.
The Council, as the Registration Authority, works to achieve the highest possible degree of accuracy and comprehensiveness in the Register.
Electors are responsible to check to ensure they are correctly Registered.
You should check the current Register at:
- Customer Services Desk, or Franchise office at Longford County Council
- Office of the County Registrar, Courthouse, Longford
- Local Post Offices
- Garda Stations
- County Libraries
- On our website by clicking here and/pr on the Check the Register website by clicking here.
Eligible persons wishing to apply to have their name entered on the new Register or to have their registration details corrected should:
To be submitted not later than 14th October 2021.
Special and Postal Voters
Electors may apply for inclusion on the Register of Electors Special and Postal Voters Lists if an elector falls within the categories listed hereunder and are likely to remain in that category for the duration of Register of Electors now being prepared:
- Members of An Garda Síochána, Defence Forces, Diplomats.
- Electors with a Physical illness or Disability residing in a Nursing Home, Hospital or similar care facility.
- Electors with a Physical illness or disability living at home and unable to go to a polling station.
- Electors who cannot attend at their own polling station by reason of their occupation, service or employment.
- Electors who are detained in prison following an order of the Court.
Application forms for Special and Postal Votes may be obtained at the Franchise Section on 043-3343507 or email@example.com or can be downloaded from the Council website here.
Completed Special and Postal Voters Applications must be received by close of business on 25th November 2021.
Signed: Barbara Heslin
Director of Services
13th August 2021