Local Enterprise Week kicks off in March
Local Enterprise Week kicks off in March with Longford events for businesses and entrepreneurs
Many events lined up including Employment Training and Information Fair and business training
20 February 2023
Local Enterprise Week takes place all over the country, including in County Longford, from 6-10 March. Many events are planned for local and small businesses and budding entrepreneurs looking to start or grow their business. A national initiative of the Local Enterprise Offices, it is supported by Enterprise Ireland and local authorities.
Throughout the week local events, as well as national, online spotlight events will take place. In Longford, an Employment Training and Information Fair takes place in the Longford Arms Hotel from 10am-4pm on Tuesday, 7 March. Business Advisory Clinics also take place in CO:WORX Edgeworthstown on Thursday, 9 March, with the time of individual clinics allocated when booking.
Other local online events include Green for Micro Clinics, How to Make and Use Reels on Instagram and Facebook to Market your Business training, Start Your Own Business training, Digital Marketing Clinics, and How to Master Your VAT in One Day training. Further details, including times of training and how to book your place are available on LocalEnterprise.ie/Longford.
The week culminates in the County Longford Enterprise Awards, celebrating the best of local business. International Women’s Day is also marked with a Tri-County Women in Business Event taking place on Wednesday, 8 March.
National online ‘Spotlight’ events which are free to attend include:
- First Steps to Export Success (9.30-11.30am on 6 March) for those considering exporting to international markets
- You’re the Business (9.30am-1pm on 7 March) Google hosted training for businesses that are looking to Get Online, Grow Online, or Go Global.
- Green, Sustainability and Competitiveness (11am-12.30pm on 8 March) panel discussion on how to implement green technologies, processes and products to be more competitive.
- Drive Cost Savings with Lean (2.30-3.30pm, 9 March) panel discuss ways to improve competitiveness and productivity
- Innovate for Business Success (10-11:30am, 10 March) expert speakers highlight government and financial supports to drive innovation in your business.
Longford County Council Chief Executive Paddy Mahon said, “Longford Local Enterprise Week, again this year, has many great events and training opportunities lined up for anyone thinking of starting out or growing their business. Longford County Council, through the work of LEO Longford, proudly supports this week and the help and guidance it offers to the local business community.”
Local Enterprise Office, Longford Head of Enterprise Michael Nevin added, “Local Enterprise Week offers many opportunities for anyone wanting to start or grow their business to get inspired and motivated. Events will give you insights and add to your knowledge on topics that can make a real difference to your business. The week also puts a spotlight on the supports, advice and information available through Local Enterprise Office, Longford. I urge everyone to make the most of the week and to remember that LEO Longford is also here to help you grow your business.”
Following on from Local Enterprise Week will be the Longford Student Enterprise Programme County Final taking place in the Longford Arms on Tuesday, 21 March. Over 200 students from eight local secondary schools will present their mini businesses to a panel of judges. The winners from the Junior, Intermediate and Senior Categories will go forward to the National Final taking place in Croke Park on Friday, 5 May 2023.
For further information, check out LocalEnterprise.ie/Longford or follow Local Enterprise Office, Longford on social media.
All media queries should be directed to the Longford County Council Communications Officer via email@example.com or by calling 043 334 4217.
Notes for Editor:
Full list of Local Enterprise Week Longford events:
- Green for Micro Clinics (taking place online from 10am-5.50pm on Monday, 6 March)
- How to Make and Use Reels on Instagram and Facebook to Market your Business (online business training, from 1.30-4.30pm on Monday, 6 March)
- Employment Training and Information Fair (Longford Arms Hotel, 10am-4pm on Tuesday, 7 March)
- Start Your Own Business (online business training, 7-9.30pm on Tuesday, 7 March)
- Tri-county Women in Business Event (Mullingar Park Hotel, Wednesday, 8 March. Fully booked)
- Digital Marketing Clinics (taking place online, 10am-5.30pm on Wednesday, 8 March)
- How to Master Your VAT in One Day (online business training, 9.30am-1.30pm on Thursday, 9 March)
- Business Advisory Clinics (in CO:WORX Edgeworthstown, 10am-5.30pm on Thursday, 9 March)
- County Longford Enterprise Awards (Friday, 10 March. Invite only)