CLÁR Funding 2023
Now closed for Applications
The Department of Rural and Community Development (DRCD) announced a new round of funding under the CLÁR programme for 2023. CLÁR (Ceantair Laga Árd-Riachtanais) is a targeted investment programme for rural areas that aims to provide funding for small-scale infrastructural projects in areas that have suffered significant levels of population decline. The funding works in conjunction with local funding and on the basis of locally identified priorities.
The scheme is funded by the Department of Rural and Community Development.
It is delivered by local authorities in consultation with schools, local community & voluntary groups and local development companies.
The measures being funded under the 2023 CLÁR programme are:
Measure 1: Developing Community Facilities & Amenities
Measure 2: Mobility, Cancer Care and Community First Responders Transport
Measure 3: “Our Islands”
Measure 1: will support a variety of capital interventions provided that they contribute to the enhancement of existing, and/or the development of new, accessible Community Recreation Facilities.
A minimum grant of €5,000 and a maximum grant of €50,000 will apply to this measure. The scheme will provide up to 90% of the cost. The remaining 10% or balance of the cost must be provided through local authority/community/other resources. Philanthropic contributions will be accepted as full or part of match funding costs.
Please note that match funding cannot come from other DRCD Schemes.
The list below provides an indication of the types of projects that may be supported, but is not exhaustive
- Small scale renovation works to community centres
- Multi Use Gaming Areas (MUGAs)/ AstroTurf facilities including upgrades
- Playgrounds/ Skateboard parks/ Pump tracks/ Cycling tracks Walking/ Running/ Athletics tracks
- Handball Alleys/ Tennis Courts/ Basketball Courts/ Cricket Grounds/ Community Gyms/ Community Cinemas
- Sensory Gardens/ Community Gardens/ Allotments
- Access to unique local heritage sites/ areas of natural beauty
- Outdoor Bowling Areas/ Outdoor Toilet Facilities/ Car Parking
- Improving access at sports grounds e.g. development/ upgrade of spectator stands at local sports grounds with a particular focus on improving access for people of all abilities and ages
Measure 2: Mobility, Cancer Care and Community First Responders Transport provides funding for transport and is being administered directly by the Department – closing date 12 May 2023 see Gov.ie/DRCD
Measure 3:“Our Islands” provides funding for Island Communities for Island Community Transport and Outdoor Community Recreation Amenities. This Measure is being administered directly by the Department – closing date 6 June 2023 see Gov.ie/DRCD
Data Privacy; The purpose of processing personal data collected on this application form is to assist Longford LCDC/Longford County Council manage and administer your application. We process this Personal Data under Article (6)(1)(b) of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR),” processing is necessary for the performance of the contract to which that data subject is party”. Further information on how Longford County Council process your personal data and your rights can be found on our Privacy Statement available on our website longfordcoco.ie under Your Council , Data Protection.