Are you having difficulty with your Mortgage Repayments?
The most important action you can take is to talk to us now. Longford County Council has a policy of early intervention for mortgage accounts that fall into arrears. The Council is committed to working with our customers who are currently experiencing financial problems, or feel they may soon experience problems with their mortgage repayments. The Council operated a Mortgage Arrears Resolution Process which can assist borrowers in dealing with their arrears.
Do not Ignore the problem
If you receive any correspondence in relation to mortgage arrears please do not ignore it. Your mortgage repayment must be your priority debt, you need to pay it before any other debts you may have. Longford County Council will work with our customers who are experiencing problems with their mortgage repayments. Our staff can discuss your circumstances with a view to making an arrangement to pay your mortgage and arrears that is both suitable to both you and the Council. They can also discuss options in relation to your mortgage repayment. Each case is dealt with on an individual basis.
Longford County Council cannot :
- Ignore the fact that you may be in arrears
- Write off your arrears
- Ignore broken arrangements
Actions you can take:
- Contact Longford County Council immediately, phone no 043-33433482 or 043-33433403 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact the financial institutions you have other debts with a view to agreeing a revised repayment
- Contact Money Advice Bureau (MABS), Church Street, Longford (076 1072640) Visit MABS website at www.mabs.ie
- Contact your local Social Welfare Office
- Contact your local Community Welfare Officer
- Gather your income and expenditure details e.g.: payslips, social welfare details, details of other loans, bank statements
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Your home may be at risk if you don't keep up repayments on a mortgage or any other loans secured on it.