Public Lighting and Reporting a Fault

As a road authority, Longford County Council is responsible for public lighting.

Traffic-route lighting is generally provided during road improvement works.

Report a public lighting fault

Report a public lighting fault directly to the Council's maintenance contractor.

Alternatively, you can email to report a fault. In your email include the:

  • Identification number on the lamppost.
  • Address or the road name and/or number where the light is located. 
  • Nature of the fault or damage, for example, the public light is off or the door is missing from the lamppost.

Please note: Housing estate developers are responsible for maintaining public lighting in housing estates that are not under the charge of Longford County Council.