Services in Charge (SIC) request

If you are buying or selling a property it is important to know if roadways (including footpaths, laneways, public lighting and surface water drainage) are under the control of Longford County Council. To find this out, apply for a Services in Charge (SIC) request.

Please note: SICs related to water and wastewater will be forwarded to Uisce Éireann. Longford County Council has no role in other utilities such as gas, electricity, and telecommunications.

How to make a SIC request?

To make a SIC request, first make a payment to Longford County Council. A SIC request is €125 and you can pay:

  1. Over the phone with your card details, call 043 334 33 94 
  2. By bank transfer or by cheque to:
    Bank of Ireland, Main Street, Longford
    IBAN: IE 26 BOFI 901773 21493633
    Reference: R&S - property address (limited to 25 characters)

Once payment has been made, email with:

  1. Applicants name
  2. Address of property and Eircode
  3. Map of the relevant property, with the section of road in question highlighted (attached to email)
  4. Payment method (card payment by phone, bank transfer or cheque) and reference 

Alternatively, you can post the above information to:

Roads Department
Longford County Council
Great Water Street