Scoil Mhuire Newtownforbes School Zone Scheme
Construction of a School Zone and ancillary works at Scoil Mhuire, Newtownforbes, Co. Longford, along the L-1004-0 Road and the Construction of a new controlled crossing on the N4 at Newtownforbes, Co. Longford.
The development will consist of:
- Demolish section of existing boundary wall of Scoil Mhuire N.S. fronting onto the L-1004-0 road and reconstruct new set back boundary wall to facilitate a 2.5m footpath and 3m wide bus bay.
- Demolish the existing wall around area currently used for staff parking and adjacent vehicle entrance to the North and construct new boundary wall and entrance piers including gates to be offset approximately 2m-3m from the edge of the existing road.
- Relocate and upgrade existing uncontrolled pedestrian crossing point on the L-1004-0 to a controlled crossing located in line with the main school pedestrian entrance.
- Junction tightening at the junction of the N4 and the L-1004-0 local road to include realignment of junction, landscaped build outs and installation of school approach bollards.
- Relocate and upgrade existing uncontrolled pedestrian crossing point on the N4 outside the playground to a new controlled crossing located approximately 25m North East of the current location.
- Provision of signage, road markings, road surface treatments, drainage, landscaping and ancillary works.
Submissions with respect to the proposed development, dealing with the proper planning and sustainable development of the area, may be made in writing to Longford County Council, headed “Scoil Mhuire Newtownforbes School Zone Scheme” and addressed to Planning Section, Longford County Council, Áras an Chontae, Great Water Street, Longford to arrive not later than 4pm on Wednesday 12th April 2023.
Newspaper Notice.pdf (size 755 KB)
Site Notice.pdf (size 362.6 KB)
Site Notice Photos.docx (size 3.8 MB)
Consent Form & Land Dedication Agreement.pdf (size 3.7 MB)
Site Location Map.pdf (size 451.9 KB)
Proposed Site Layout.pdf (size 1.2 MB)
Typical Cross Section.pdf (size 1.2 MB)
Read the "Extract from Minutes of Longford Municipal District held on Wednesday, 3rd May 2023". here