St. John's Church - Graveyard Extension
Proposed 160 square metre burial ground extension to the east of the existing St. John’s Graveyard, Battery Road, Abbeycartron, Longford Town. The area relating to the proposed was previously granted planning permission for residential use under reference 00/700044. The proposed development relates to works to Record of Protected Structure (RPS) No. 14 and 18 of the current CDP 2021 – 2027.
- - Construction works relating to the proposed burial ground site have concluded as part the Longford County Council – Active Travel: Low-Cost Permeability Scheme, Fee Court, and under archaeological testing (DAHC License No. 22E898), monitoring and Summary Report.
- - A 5m deep, trial pit has established the absence of groundwater at depth on site.
Submissions with respect to the proposed development, dealing with the proper planning and sustainable development of the area, may be made by the following methods:
- Logging onto the Planning Portal by the following link https://planning.localgov.ie/en/part-8/application/aba2f318-15b9-11ee-8603-005056880cd6 and uploading your submission electronically: to arrive not later than 11:59pm on Tuesday 15th August 2023.
- In writing to Longford County Council, headed “Part 8: St. John's Church - Graveyard Extension” and addressed to Planning Section, Longford County Council, Áras an Chontae, Great Water Street, Longford to arrive not later than 4pm on Tuesday 15th August 2023.
- By email to firstname.lastname@example.org headed "Part 8: St. John's Church - Graveyard Extension" to arrive not later than 4pm on Tuesday 15th August 2023.
Newspaper Notice.pdf (size 509.2 KB)
Site Notice.pdf (size 55.1 KB)
Landowner Consent.pdf (size 39.2 KB)
AA Screening.pdf (size 1.1 MB)
Groundwater Inspection.pdf (size 1.4 MB)
Archaeology Licence.pdf (size 998.7 KB)
Site Location Map.pdf (size 198.7 KB)
Site Layout Map.pdf (size 210.4 KB)
Read the "Extract from Minutes of Meeting of Longford Municipal District held on Wednesday, 27th September 2023" here